Friday 13 June 2014

Broken Twin #4 - You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory

Facebookbrokentwin.com

I've talked about Broken Twin here lots already this year, I've repeatedly said both her and on twitter that I doubt they'll be an album that surpasses her debut, May as my album of the year. It is breathtaking from beginning to end, much like her live performance from which I recognise the video I'm sharing now, a cover of Johnny Thunder's "You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory" (as well as being the flip side to the "Sun Has Gone" single).

Transformed from raw, punchy power to plaintive, brooding melancholy with barely there instrumentation slowly and surely building around Majke's typically devastating, echoey vocals, the sound you can hear is probably that of more hearts breaking by the second.

If you haven't heard May, you don't know what you are missing. Go and buy it here. It will be the best decision you make all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment