Tuesday 3 June 2014

Don't Cry Shopgirl #2 - Boy You Can Tell Me

Facebook

I'm going to post about a track that's eight months old now because I missed it first time around and the band, the Swedish indie-pop duo Don't Cry Shopgirl just came back to my attention thanks a picture on Tape Waves' Facebook page, taken at a show from last weekend's NYC Popfest where both bands played...

"Boy You Can Tell Me" is similar in mood, melody and charm to the two demo tracks I mentioned last year, a toe-tapping, smile inducing track to instantly fall in love with thanks to the combination of home-recorded beats, shimmering Pains-esque guitar riffs and the beautifully pure vocal of  Astrid Wiezell.

It makes you want to dance around your room - I won' t do that because I'm writing this blog on my lunch break at work and collegues will perhaps look at me a bit strangely, but you get the idea. There's a 7" due soon via Cloudberry Records too. One to keep an eye out for...

No comments:

Post a Comment