Wednesday 18 June 2014

Teenagre - "New Music" Introducing

Facebook

Every so often a new band come along and you think, wow, they sound like they've been together for years. Here's one such band, yet, without looking too deep into their history, Teenagre are a Vancouver quartet who formed as recently as this year and this track, "Visitor", is their debut. It leaves an impression.

The addition of swooping violin adds an extra dimension to "Visitor" as elegant swirls of sun-drenched and immediately likeable indie-pop guitars cascade around playful rhythms and the highly cooed vocal of Zuzia Juszkiewicz, her ethereal tones instantly recall that of Twin Sister's Andrea Estella. It's full of a warming charm that demands repeat plays, you can't ask for more than that.

2 comments:

  1. Gotta admit that the reason I clicked on this track was because of how this band spelled their name, "Teenagre".... like theare vs theater or centre vs center or litre vs liter... lol

    either way, glad I did because I love this song now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this song; and I'm not saying that because one of the Band members is my Cousins daughter. I should be mad at her, and the Band, because every time I listen to this song, it stays in my head for days. Damn you Teenagre!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete