Monday 24 June 2013

Rosie Carney - New Music "Introducing"

Facebookrosiecarneymusic.com

An introduction found via last months Bushstock line-up which I never actually went to but nevertheless introduced me to the talent of Rosie Carney, a young singer/songwriter based over in Ireland but originally from Portsmouth...

I've not heard a second track from the 16 year old yet so I'll tone-down the forthcoming superlatives but if Rosie comes up with a release as incredible as her debut track "What You Have Been Looking For", she'll be in for one hell of a future.

The song is sparse, stark and haunting as genteel guitar pickings create a meandering melody for you to lose yourself amongst her heartfelt lyrics, though it's Rosie's voice that hits you the hardest, a spine-tingling vocal full of raw emotion, beautiful and intimate, a new folk star is found.



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous!! I've just done a music-y post! Not normally my thing but I was wondering what a proper music blogger thought!!
    www.framecake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete