Thursday 13 June 2013

Surfing - New Music "Introducing"

Facebook / surf1ng.com

I'd be lying if I said I listened to every band who followed me on Twitter but that's how I came across the Virginia based quartet of Surfing, who hooked me with the rather lovely "Hollow Sparrow", a track that perfectly combines modern US and UK influences...

The chugging, swirling guitar melody recalls the garage-grunge pop of a Yuck where hard-hitting drums and lo-fi guitar riffs provide mosh-pit inducing rhythms for the blissfully sweet vocals to intoxicate, the hazy, dreamy feel they produce really makes the track stand-out and from numerous surf-rock influenced bands I'm instantly interested to hear more - which I soon will be able to with the band planning a 7"vinyl release this summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment