Wednesday 24 September 2014

First Aid Kit #9 - Love Interruption (Cover)

Facebook

If there was room within me to love First Aid Kit more, it certainly went a notch on Sunday night when I caught the sister's at The Roundhouse as part of the iTunes Festival. A faultless set of polished country tunes and perfect harmonies was delivered with beguiling ease and charm, something that UK audiences got a taster of themselves when the band appeared on Jools Holland last night, performing the wonderful "My Silver Lining" from their recent LP Stay Gold, with melodies nearly as shimmering as their outfits, a new wave of fans are sure to be heading their way.

The reason for this post though is to talk about a cover of Jack White's "Love Interruption", a song I am not familiar with at all and got my first taster of on Sunday when they played a energetic, all-out rocking version with enthusiasm abound and hair-flicking aplenty. Something you can see for yourself on the slightly more pared-down version for Like A Version below. I love both sister's voices, Klara has a gold standard of country vocals and Johanna's slight huskier tones makes me swoon every time it's allowed to flourish, here they melt my heart amongst stirring acoustic guitar and pitter-patter percussion. The result is incredible.

You lucky, lucky people seeing First Aid Kit at Royal Albert Hall tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment