Thursday 4 September 2014

Only Girl - Feel It

Facebook

I've mentioned Only Girl here a few times this year already since I discovered the London based artist, real name Ellen Murphy, during the judging process for Glastonbury Festival's Emerging Talent Contest. I subsequently shortlisted her from my 300 strong list and she ended up making the last eight (of all entrants, not just my own) and playing a live final in Pilton in front of Michael and Emily Eavis, later earning a slot at the festival itself on the Sunday afternoon and I was glad to be in attendance.

This week saw Only Girl release their first new music since in the form of "Feel It", Ellen's official debut single (released via Akira Records), it follows the swoontastic "Bittersweet" online and raises the bar of her minimalist 90's influenced R&B/pop, with Ellen's soaring vocal swooping around slick, polished synths and skittering beats, all on top emotive lyrics that are sure to resonate with just about anyone whose held somebody close - that should be everyone then.

There's a single Launch Party at The Waiting Room in London on 23rd Sept - details.

No comments:

Post a Comment