Thursday 4 September 2014

To The Wedding #2 - Come On

Facebook

Lauren Grubb's To The Wedding released one of 2014's best music moments earlier this year with the stunning "Silver Currents", a track I described as a 'part Chris Isaak, part Hope Sandoval, a stop-you-in-your tracks hymn of heartbreak'... Thus, accordingly I placed great anticipation (and expectation) upon hearing more from the San Francisco artist. Yesterday I got just that and I'm not disappointed either...

"Come On" is equally woozy and intoxicating, a dream-inducing blanket of comforting vocals and softly strummed guitarscapes, verging between drowsy and shimmery beauty, "Come On" is another treasure from a release that looks set to become a firm favourite of those lucky enough to discover it.

The album Silver Currents looks slated for an October digital release (I'd like this on vinyl) - pre-order via Bandcamp now.

1 comment: