Saturday 5 May 2012

Emily and the Woods #3 - New Live Sessions

Facebook

Whilst I (amongst countless others) wait for new music to be released from the sublime Emily and the Woods I find myself relying on recorded sessions and live shows to tide me over, luckily Emily seems to thrive on the often idilic settings of the intimate, acoustic videos that make their way onto the Internet. A couple of news ones recently shared are so good that I can't help but pass them on.

Firsty for Dreamland Sessions is a new track, "Lonely Handed", delicate guitar strums and Emily's beautiful voice are a magical combination, her soft, hushed voice transfixes your attention immediately as intimate lyrics pluck at your heartstrings. Then from her most recent EP 'Eye to Eye', a devastating version of its closing track "More Like Me", I think it's possibly Emily's most powerful song to date and this version for 'The vProject' can do nothing but cause goosebumps.

Emily is currently on tour with Newton Faulkner (full dates) and she plays quite a lot with incredibly talented guitarist brother Bena around London, I'm sure some of you have already, but go and see her.


No comments:

Post a Comment