Monday 21 May 2012

Eternal Summers - Millions

Facebooketernalsummers.bandcamp.com/

I find myself not having covered Eternal Summers before, I'm surprised at the omission. I've got their previous LP 'Silver' and a split 7" too, the Virginia duo turned trio have been making infectious, short and sharp fuzzy pop gems for a while now. Gearing up for their second LP ('Correct Behavior' which is due July 24th from Kanine Records, across the pond at least) they've shared the first track from it, "Millions"...

I'm a few weeks late on the boat with the track but it instantly sounds like the trio's 'biggest' track yet, beautifully polished it shimmers with up-tempo rhythms, racing through its two and a half minute play time with playful optimism. Eternal Summers make fun music perfect for wasting the time away and now "Millions" with its added coat of glossy veneer could take them to the big time, jangly guitars, jagged bass, quick-hitting drums and dreamy, airy vocals. Yeah, "Millions" has it all. Consider the LP added to my 'to buy' list.

No comments:

Post a Comment