Thursday 10 May 2012

Knickers - New Music "Introducing"

Facebookknickers.bandcamp.com/

As I alluded too in my last post, I'd not heard of Knickers until Monday, I went to watch a few bands on impulse including yesterdays post Cosines (with whom Knickers share a rhythm section) and Fever Dream but I'm happy I stayed around at The Lexington a little longer before shooting off to see I Like Trains' album release show (fantastic - buy it), for Knickers (with use of a chronically band analogy) completely charmed the undergarments off me (though being of the male species I tend to wear boxers).

To save beating around the bush, "Are You Ready Boy?" is just plain gorgeous. Languid guitars shimmers around gentle drum and vocalist Sarah's soft, dreamy vocals. Her words instantly melt your heart, regular readers might already recognise the traits of a sound I'm an absolute sucker for and with good reason, listen to the track below for yourself and fall hopelessly in love...

Just as wonderful is another track on the quintets bandcamp, "My Baby's Just A Baby (But I Love Him So)" playfully sweeps by with an effortlessly cool air, organ keys and ratatat beats provide the rhythms for the infectious blend of 60's girl group pop as Sarah duets with herself the track makes you wish you were at a high school prom with your childhood sweetheart swinging the night away.

"My Baby's Just A Baby (But I Love Him So)" will be available on 7" / download with three other tracks on June 4th via Elefant Records - already excited. Knickers next date in London is Friday 18th May at Wilmington Arms - details.






I'll be in Brighton by the time you read this. I've been snowed under with work / gigs and planning more gigs the last week or so, so there aren't any scheduled post until my return next week.
Here's to some sunshine on the south coast. Hope to meet a few of you there...

No comments:

Post a Comment