Saturday 23 March 2013

Candy Says - New Music "Introudcing"

candysays.it/

If I keep mentioning the weather it might change, it's less than a week from April and it's still fucking freezing and it's snowing too (I know, I know, even Mr Nelson says that "Sometimes It Snows In April") but the unpredictability of the last years climate has similarities with many a disaster movie, it seems the zombie apocalypse is nearly upon us - I hope you are all ready!

I'm not quite sure how I go from that nonsensical intro to the debut single by Oxford quartet Candy Says, especially when the track brings out memories that are the polar opposite of what I'm seeing out my window...

"Melt Into The Sun" (har-de-har) is vibrant, adventurous and guaranteed to embed itself in your brain. The upbeat rhythms of the percussive melody, whistles and handclaps remind me of Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros from the outset, a big open-hearted beauty that will have you humming along to its hybrid and whimsical psychedelia and sugar coated pop. As fed up with the weather as me? (I've got to attempt a twenty mile run in this tomorrow) grab your sombrero and wellies, press play below and pretend you are at a festival...

No comments:

Post a Comment