Wednesday 20 April 2011

Alessi's Ark #3 - New Album Release

http://www.alessisark.com/

A quick post today as time has completely escaped me and I'm out again tonight (it's the turn of 2:54, Echo Lake and The History of Apple Pie - three bands that have featured here, so should be good!). Alessi's Ark second album 'Time Travel' has completely crept up on me, it's due next week, 25th April. You can pre-order it from Bella Union.

You can listen to two tracks below, if you are familiar with Alessi's material you'll be glad to know that "Maybe I Know" (a cover I think, I'm not familiar with the original) and "The Wire" do not stray from her adorable, cutesy acoustic folk sound with her warm voice as easy on the ears as ever, even if the lyrics and tone is perhaps more melancholic than on her debut, looking forward to hearing this in its entirety next week.

Alessi is on a small UK tour in May. Dates here.

Listen:
Alessi's Ark - Wire by Bella Union

Alessi's Ark - "Maybe I Know"


Alessi's Ark- Maybe I Know from Bella Union on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment