Friday 22 April 2011

Ivana XL - New Music "Introducing"

http://www.facebook.com/ivanaccc

The second post in a row of an artist that's been around for at least three years and I'd not heard of until this past week, this post is with thanks to She Keeps Bees whom have Ivana XL as a like on facebook and I was intrigued enough to click on it during one of my random internet browsing sessions, Ivana XL is the moniker of Ivana Carrescia who like SKB is based in Brooklyn and her slow dive songs are here to transport me to slumberland tonight.

I couldn't find a proper discography but on iTunes there are so many tracks to digest in one go (33) that I'd be here until the morning (I think there are three EP's and one LP), so I'm just going to give a brief summary using Ivana's souncloud embeddable tracks, then if you like what you hear, and you should, you can do some of your own leg work!

"Black Eye" is stripped back to just a carefully plucked acoustic guitar and Ivana's stunning voice, equally mellow and sultry, a perfect foil for a late night glass of bourbon or an afternoon coffee and cake, basically what I'm saying is anyone who's finally worked out that four prepubescent boys ripping off The Libertines / Oasis / The Beatles (working in reverse order) is pretty shite.
"Sundowner" is equally raw and bluesy, it's beautifully soulful in every movement. A reflective, melancholic and understated gem and "Happy Birthday" which is absolutely lovely, a dreamy piano waltz and a swirling melody, utterly gorgeous.

You can download a free thirteen track compilation of tracks from Ivana's Bandcamp page, that'll be a perfect introduction then. Couldn't find any CD's in my normal search locations, it's late and I'm tired so will update here if I do!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY by IVANA XL
BLACK EYE by IVANA XL
SUNDOWNER by IVANA XL

No comments:

Post a Comment