Monday 18 April 2011

Kindest Lines - New Music "Introducing"

Facebook / http://kindestlines.blogspot.com/

I previously mentioned that Stereogum's '18 dark bands to watch' feature reminded me to post about Chelsea Wolfe, it was also my introduction to Kindest Lines...

The first track I heard from the New Orleans three piece wasn't exactly what I'd call 'Dark', "Baltimore" is brilliantly additive and lush but it's a dreamy electro-pop dance floor filler, slight new wave influences and a hard-hitting drumming line aside I initially wondered why Stereogum had included them in this particular list.

That changed with a listen to the other two tracks on their Facebook page, the minimal synths of "Hazy Haze" notable for it's precise drums and distant, ethereal vocals and stand-out "Destructive Paths to Live Happily" with throbbing, fuzzy pulses, echo drenched guitars are tracks for the same underground industrial club I mentioned last week with The Voyeurist.

The group have a debut LP in the works, ‘Covered in Dust’ is due in June.

Kindest Lines // Baltimore by TheArtOf...

No comments:

Post a Comment