Saturday 23 April 2011

Holly Miranda #6 - More Covers

http://hollymiranda.com/home.html

It's been pretty quiet on the Holly Miranda front this year, a new website aside I'm hoping Holly has been tucked away writing the follow up to the sublime Magician's Private Library, though she treated us to a nice Easter surprise of a covers feast.

Further to the two covers posted here in January Holly has added a bundle to her Soundcloud page, so far eleven tracks in total featuring a variety of covers, modern hits and older tracks too, all with Holly's stamp on them - if this was an album, I'd certainly be buying it (hint) for now we'll have to stream away.

I've added a few of my favourite below, an even better treat for me would be a UK show so I can make up for my schoolboy error I discussed about on one of my previous Holly posts, it was preaching to the converted with me, but these covers are completely beautiful, her dreamy, ethereal, magical voice turns me to putty everytime.

Holly Miranda - Crystalized (XX cover) Featuring Glowhearts and Timmy Mislock by holly miranda
Holly Miranda - Two (Antlers Cover) Featuring Glowhearts and Timmy Mislock by holly miranda
Holly Miranda - Goddamn The Sun (Swans Cover) by holly miranda

P.S. If you are new to Holly, follow this label and make sure you download the concerts you'll find linked, they'll be on constant repeat for days I assure you.

Edit 25th April: One more, one of the best songs ever written, Holly you really are spoiling us:

Holly Miranda - Stand by me (Ben E King Cover) by holly miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment