Thursday 13 October 2011

Caitlin Rose #19 - Own Side Now Vinyl Release

Facebookthecaitlinrose.com/

I've been waiting for this one for a while... It maybe about 15 months since the release of Caitlin Rose's debut 'Own Side Now' (in the UK) but that doesn't stop it still being my most played record, my (still) favourite album of 2010 by a long stretch is very soon to be released on gatefold vinyl via ATO Records. You can order it from Caitlin's website here and you'll receive a bonus 7" containing two of my live favourites, Caitlin's covers of "Faithless Love" by Linda Ronstadt and "Marie" by Randy Newman (where's "Young Blood"?!).

If you've been on this blog before you'll have no doubt read a couple of my numerous gushing posts about the album and her music so I'll leave this post to the point. If you are state-side, Caitlin is back on the road with a two week long US tour in a couple of weeks, you should go - full dates. Here is a recently released clip of Caitlin at Rough Trade East last September, the third or fourth time I saw her (thankfully I don't make any impromptu crowd appearance). Can't embed it for some reason, it's more than worth your time.

If you've been on Mars, listen below:
Caitlin Rose - Own Side
Caitlin Rose - Shanghai Cigarettes

No comments:

Post a Comment