Friday 28 October 2011

Evans The Death - New Music "Introducing"

Facebook

Being somewhat of a gig whore around London clashes are part and parcel of my life but this past Tuesdays was particularly annoying because four new bands who I'd have loved to have seen play were all on at the same time, two at each gig, I don't regret my decision to go and see only the second ever gig from Carousels and the London debut of Battlekat - both were bloody excellent and firmly on my 'to see' (mental) list but I do wish I could have a clone sometimes because further north at Camden Barfly, the simply fantastic Dead Slow were playing along with Evans The Death (who I believe they now share a member).

Evans The Death have been snapped up by Fortuna Pop! and have treated us to a song which didn't make the album cut, sounds like you're in for something a bit shit then... fear not, it's great, "Hello Seems To Be The Hardest Word" is a thunderous, ramshackle pop belter. Urgent and heavy guitar riffs speed along while the identifiable vocals of Katherine Whitaker are rich and damn-right sexy.

For further proof of this talented London five piece check their recent, debut single "I’m So Unclean", a deep bass-line, scatter gun drum beats and lyrics (with a voice to match) that could easily be the female version of Morrissey (before he completely lost the plot) makes for a wonderful, thumping slant on melodious indie-pop. 'Ones to watch 2012' lists await. You can order that single on iTunes or on white vinyl 7".

Evans The Death - Hello Seems To Be The Hardest Word by Fortuna POP!

Evans the Death - I'm So Unclean (Fortuna Pop!)

No comments:

Post a Comment