Friday 7 October 2011

I Am Harlequin - New Music "Introducing"

Facebookiamharlequin.com/

I get a lot of music submissions in my inbox, far too many for me to cope with as a one man, spare time blogger. For that reason I have to be a little ruthless in tackling my emails, I was joking with Robin at Breaking More Waves the other day that any email that uses the word "Remix", "Mumford and Sons", "R&B / Hip-Hop" and "Kasabian" generally gets deleted without further investigation, most emails I try and look at in time (saying that I've some unread from early September) though you do get some submissions that make you think "how the hell have I not heard this before". That was the case with I Am Harlequin (known to her parents as Anne Freier), a German born, London based artist who stopped me in my tracks with her new track "Because He Loves Them Both".

Yes there's been influx of female artists with soaring, powerhouse vocals producing quirky, independent pop under strange pseudonyms but "Because He Loves Them Both" stands out amongst them as it's one of those innovative, captivating tracks that commands your attention on first listen. I Am Harlequin's music is hard to classify a genre, there are elements of classical, electronica and more than enough pop hooks to be played on prime time radio, I Am Harlequin is certainly eclectic but through numerous tempo changes lies this beautifully produced, spellbinding pop track.

I'm sure this will be a crowd splitter though fans of strong, identifiable electro-pop certainly should take note, watch the suitably off-kilter video or listen to a stream below:



I am Harlequin - Because He Loves Them Both

No comments:

Post a Comment