Saturday 29 October 2011

Rachel Sermanni #4 - The Fog

Facebook

There's a small handful of singer-songwriters who regularly seem to show up on this blog, one of them is the unbelievably talented Rachel Sermanni, the young Scottish singer is undoubtedly one of my favourite new voices and I'm yet to hear anything that detracts me from the opinion that she's set for amazing things, especially when a new track drops as good as "The Fog".

It's the first taster of Rachel's debut EP 'Black Currents', due for release January 30th (you can buy Rachel's 'The Worthy Sessions EP' for five British pounds here) and it's frankly stunning, starting with a genteel meandering acoustic and Rachel's entrancing voice it soon grows wings and turns into this emotional, defiant beauty backed by strong instrumentation throughout. Looking forward to hearing the rest.

That was enough to excite me by itself but on the same day I also got the news that Rachel and Russian Red are to play a couple of shows together at the turn of the year, I think it's Lourdes' first ever UK shows. Consider me as giddy as a goose! Honestly, cannot wait for this one, especially as it's at the stunning Union Chapel - get your tickets now. (They also play Glasgow together the day before - details).

Rachel spends the next month on tour throughout Europe support Fink (full dates can be seen here).

Listen:
The Fog by Rachel Sermanni

This live version is just spectacular, one listen and you'll understand my praise and why she's got this uncanny knack of turning an audience silent:

No comments:

Post a Comment