Tuesday 4 October 2011

Ellen and the Escapades - New Music "Introducing"

Facebook / ellenandtheescapades.com/

I'm behind the times with Ellen and the Escapedes, other than the knowledge they won the Glastonbury Emerging Talent contest in 2010 I'd gone no further with the five piece until I listened to their forthcoming single 'When The Tide Creeps In’ (which is due for digital release October 24th), it certainly was enough to pull me in.

Ellen has this commanding vocal, dusky, warm and gorgeous, the country tinged a-side "When the Tide Creeps In" sweeps along with delicious melodies and passionate vocals, it's beautifully put together and delivered in such a captivating manner, a perfect choice for a single.

B-side "Always in My Heart" is slower, more delicate and intimate, Ellen's soulful vocals backed by gentle acoustic guitar and glorious harmonies. You can listen to both tracks below.

Ellen and the Escapades play an intimate show at London's Bowery tonight (details), the support is the wonderful Emily and the Woods and I'll be trying my darnedest to get there. Further dates throughout the remainder of the year can be found on Ellen's site.

When The Tide Creeps In by Ellen and the Escapades
Always In My Heart by Ellen and the Escapades


Green Man Session 017 // Ellen And The Escapades - When The Tide Creeps In from Green Man on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment