Wednesday 14 November 2012

Caitlin Rose #23 - No One To Call + Feb Album/Tour

Facebookthecaitlinrose.com

On Monday I mentioned a chat I had with my friend last week where we were talking about albums that must be close to being ready for 2013, we came up with a pretty exciting list (The Joy Formidable, Esben & The Witch and more), then acts we hoped would be releasing something (The National, EMA, Austra, Lanterns on the Lake). Naturally the discussion headed to one album I'm looking forward to probably more than any other, the second by Caitlin Rose; her debut Own Side Now was my album of 2010, my most played album in 2011 (and possibly 2012 too). I said something along the lines of "I'm not expecting it in the first half of the year", what do I know... Yesterday saw the announcement of Caitlin's second album, The Stand-In due February 25th via Names Records.

To celebrate we've been treated to a stream of the albums opening track "No One to Call" which immediately finds Caitlin in grander scope with a kicking full band introduction before her gorgeous, soulful voice resonates and disarms, the strength is in the detail and "No One to Call" highlights a real progression from the introspective Own Side Now (though I'm hoping there are more heart-felt, beguiling moments to come). Retaining freshness throughout, with fantastic hooks, punchy kick drum and a real sense of fun, Caitlin again proves herself to be an exemplary, emotive songwriter amongst the tracks rich and varied instrumentation - luscious. Consider me a little bit excited.

Even more good news; four UK dates at the time of the album have also been announced, Caitlin plays the following shows: Tues, 26 February - Bristol, Fleece; Wed, 27 February - London, Dingwalls; Thurs, 28 February - Leeds, Brudenell; Fri, 1 March - Manchester, Ruby Lounge.

Tickets on sale Friday morning from Seetickets - what a week to look forward to at the end of February, new Caitlin, Caitlin shows and The Joy Formidable on tour too! The full track-listing for The Stand-In can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment