Wednesday 28 November 2012

Wolf Alice - New Music "Introducing"

Facebook

For a couple of weeks from the weekend onwards I'll be concentrating on my albums of the year / tips for next year posts so I'm making a concerted effort to catch up with a few posts that I've had planned for quite some time beforehand...

Another long overdue post is Wolf Alice, a London based band let by Ellie Roswell, who when I had previously drafted to post about in the early summer had a somewhat different sound to that of their latest single "Leaving You" (the older tracks were sparse and beautifully pure - they've gone from their soundcloud now), they've been playing some gigs with buzz bands like Peace recently and have received some glowing press of their own in the past month too...

"Leaving You" starts with wandering guitar and soft, beautiful vocals which might make you wonder what I'm talking about when I say it sounds nothing like their earlier work, after a minute of sparse backing and rich harmonisation the track morphs with sprawling beats and psychedelic guitar like a cross between Yuck and Widowspeak, grunge and alluring vocals combining with potent effect, expect Wolf Alice to be words on many peoples lips in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment