Tuesday 1 February 2011

Auction For The Promise Club - New Music "Introducing"

Facebook // http://www.auctionforthepromiseclub.co.uk/

Auction From The Promise Club, are a band from Cornwall, and are comprised of a brother and sister (Zoe and Toby) and bassist friend (Pez). They produce an energetic, powerful guitar based sound which leans close to some early 90's indie-rock bands and comparable with more recent groups such as Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Metric and dare I say it, The Joy Formidable.

There are four tracks to download for free direct from their soundcloud and an TBA EP to be ordered from their shop. I shall be onto that as soon as my PayPal gets some funds in it!

With crashing drums, multi-layered buzzing guitars and a stunning vocal Auction For The Promise Club have four demos that to me only say one thing - fucking awesome (that's two things I know). "Awake" with its loud thrashing chords oodles cool thanks to Zoe's sultry voice and blistering riffs. "Under China" is a soaring high energy anthem which explodes with frenetic, aggressive power.

"Tick Tock" deviates from the others with a lush, melodic and relaxed sound which highlights Zoe's hauntingly beautiful voice, it's a lovely come down to their other tracks that sit more in the traditional alternative punk-rock genre - I think we have another band that'll turn in a rather wonderful acoustic session.
The best of the four though is the thunderous "See Through" an absolute powerhouse of a track, its blistering pace, infectious riff is a mosh-pit favourite in the making. Epic.

That's another band on my to see live list then. Another great discovery, how I love new music. These are just demos too! They seem polished and advanced to me, I'd certainly be happy if these were the final cut.

Here's the video for the sublime "See Through":

Auction For The Promise Club - See Through from Mathy & Fran on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment