Saturday 5 February 2011

Misty Miller - New Music "Introducing"

http://www.mistymiller.com/

At just 16, Misty Miller's music is pure and charming, her folk songs have a lovely whimsical nature which is a perfect antidote on this Saturday evening where I'm still recovering from last night. There is a radio-friendly accessibility around the purity in her voice is a calming influence and her sweet witty lyrics, I can see her going far.

She states this on her website "when I was 8, I started writing songs with my brother, and about 2 years ago, I was given a ukulele as a gift. At first I wasn’t that interested, until one day when I was bored, I picked it up and started strumming. It was so addictive and I taught myself how to play within a few weeks. I’ve been writing music on it ever since"

Robin at the exceptional Breaking More Waves  introduced me to her here and I have to agree with everything he says. With an EP already available to buy on iTunes and an album following on Valentine's Day Misty Miller could well be a new sensation by Glastonbury time, I can see her going down very well on The Park, Emily.

Listen to her new track "Little Thing Called Love" below, another slab of velvet voiced pop perfection.

Misty Miller - Little Thing Called Love by the ruckus



No comments:

Post a Comment