Wednesday 16 February 2011

Caitlin Rose #17 - BBC Six Music Session + Live at Camden Barfly Review

Caitlin Rose is back in Europe on her "Shanghaied" 2011 Tour, I had the pleasure of seeing her for the eighth time last Friday at Camden Barfly, despite being a little bit poorly (perhaps the codeine / beer mix got her through the show!) Caitlin gave a typically humorous show where she proclaimed she's dating, so can't write any new material aside from a rather tongue-in-cheek number entitled "Eating Myself To Death" a verse of which goes;

"I read the paper, I watch the news but I can’t see my feet beneath this weight I just can’t lose!" and later on twitter another; "Can't leave the livin room, can't leave the house, them demons I keep feedin lord, I just can't get em out ... so I'm eatin myself to death" - a hit in the making!

"Shanghai Cigarettes" was typically rousing, the live treatment treating us to a more urgent, loud and fun version matched perfectly by Caitlin's soaring, impeccable vocal. As always, "Spare Me" and "That's Alright" provided foot-stomping highlights - I recorded them with my rubbish camera, I may or may not upload them when I get a moment!

Setlist:

See you at the Borderline next month for a repeat performance, hopefully with a well Caitlin and a couple of "treats"!

You can download a recent BBC session with Cerys Matthews below...

Caitlin Rose - 13th February 2011, BBC Studios, Manchester, UK - Broadcast by BBC 6Music on 13th February 2011 for "Cerys Matthews"

DOWNLOAD: Mp3 LINK

01 Chat I
02 "Learning To Ride"
03 Chat II
04 "Shanghai Cigarettes"
05 Chat III

Caitlin Rose - Shanghai Cigarettes by Stayloose

"Own Side" is released next week, here is the video:

No comments:

Post a Comment