Saturday 26 February 2011

Austra #3 - The Beast

I'm probably pretty lucky living so close to London that I get chance to see almost every band that I want to on a regular basis, I can think of only a handful of artists that I've not seen live that I am really desperate too (Holly Miranda, Perfume Genius, Anika, St Vincent) - well the latest addition to that list is definitely Austra, I'm pretty annoyed I never made the effort to see their Brixton Windmill show in January. There are some French dates penned in for April and the debut album is released 16th May so fingers crossed they'll be some dates around then. I'll be there! Double Vinyl LP sounds sweet too.

Watch this, a piano rendition of a new track entitled "The Beast" and it is truly breathtaking and gorgeous:


Austra "The Beast" from Yours Truly on Vimeo.

Austra - Beat and the Pulse by Vitalic Noise

No comments:

Post a Comment