Tuesday 12 October 2010

Evi Vine - New Music "Introducing"

http://www.myspace.com/evivine
http://www.evivine.com/

Evi Vine is a new discovery for me, I listened to her (and her album) for the first ever time yesterday, her album sent shivers down my spine with its raw emotive power and heartwrenching beauty. There were a few harp tracks that were just stunning. I cannot wait to listen to it again.

It's one of the greatest feelings when music makes you stop in your tracks; you think; "How the hell have I not discovered this before"... Recent example for me are Holly Miranda's version of Etta James' "I'd Rather Go Blind", Anais Mitchell's Hadestown, Wildbirds & Peacedrums live and of course my on-going love of TJF and Caitlin. Add Evi to that list...

Do not ignore this post and to give a few of the tracks posted below a listen...

Evi's voice is absolutely gorgeous, her songs are absorbing, emotional and will send shivers down your spine. For genre lovers (I'm not) I guess you could file Evi under dark blues / alternative category. "Tell Me" maintains the haunting storytelling vocal but has a rocky edge, it works amazingly well alongside the tender, fragile tracks.

I couldn't find the greatest amount of information on the Interweb, but her debut album '...and so the morning comes' is released on 22nd November and on the same day they'll be an album launch show at The Social, London. Watch this space...

Enjoy these:
Evi Vine - Better by morrisday
Evi Vine - Tell Me by morrisday
Evi Vine - Inside Her by morrisday

No comments:

Post a Comment