Thursday 21 October 2010

Let's Buy Happiness #4 - Amazing Sessions

http://www.letsbuyhappiness.com/

I know I posted about Let's Buy Happiness just yesterday, but I decided to post them again because a new rather wonderful session turned up and it includes a couple of new tracks for you to listen to...

Head over to Amazing Session's and you can listen to four tracks: I've posted one below, my favourite "Clean Mistake".
This version is fully electric, rather than the beautiful stripped down one I posted yesterday - it's brilliant, here we get to hear their trademark jangly guitar flowing into a soaring finale of funky epicness.

Another new song "Fast Fast" is great too. A flurry of percussion and (of course) sparkling guitar lines. LBH seem to have a found a production line of indie hits, clearly it's somewhere in Newcastle.

Then we get both sides of the new single "Six Wolves" - I think these session versions are even better, a little more tempo which allows the tight percussion and shimmering guitars really to come to their own alongside Sarah's distinctive ethereal and gorgeous vocals.

I've not seen the band since their opening of the John Peel stage on the Saturday at Glastonbury, seeing them again has risen up my agenda greatly! These new songs made the words 'album next year' seem very exciting!

Here is the amazing sessions version of "Clean Mistake":
Let's Buy Happiness - Clean Mistake by morrisday

No comments:

Post a Comment