Wednesday 15 December 2010

Artur Dyjecinski #2 - Christmas

http://www.myspace.com/arturdyjecinski

From the general postings I make, it's clear that it tends to be female voices that get me, probably 75% of my new band postings have female leads, (although historically my favourite acts are not) Artur Dyjecinski is definitely an exception to that rule... I originally posted about Artur just after seeing him with Caitlin back in August.

Since, his wonderful track "and he showed me the way of the Buffalo" has made its way into my top 20 most played tracks this year. You can listen to that and another demo "No Dead Horses" on his MySpace (link above). His deep vocal and engaging, thoughtful compositions make some of the most beautiful country-folk music I've heard, I'm certainly waiting for more new material.

He's one of the acts with a track on The Line of Best Fit's Ho Ho Ho! Canada Deux Christmas Compilation which contains 30 original, traditional and cover versions of songs by believe it or not, Canadian artists... I've highlighted this as a Artur post but there are some other great Christmas songs on this FREE compilation, so head over to TLOBF and help yourself.

Here is Artur's song "Christmas", it's another delicate, sophisticated beauty:
  Artur Dyjecinski - Christmas by morrisday

and the wonderful ...Buffalo:
Artur Dyjecinski - and he showed me the way of the Buffalo by morrisday

No comments:

Post a Comment