Thursday 23 December 2010

Dreamers of the Ghetto - New Music "Introducing"

http://dreamersoftheghetto.bandcamp.com
http://dreamersoftheghetto.tumblr.com/

Dreamers of the Ghetto are a family band located in Bloomington, Indiana, they started playing as a trio and since have added a drummer to their ranks instead of relying on a drum machine, which is a great thing in my opinion.

I stumbled across them just last week and was instantly hooked. I probably use the phrase 'favourite new band' a lot but Dreamers of the Ghetto literally are... First single "Tether" is simply outstanding. An almost Jim Steinman esque seven and a half minute running time makes an exhilarating journey combining relentless drum beats, an awesome vocal and synths. It's a shame I've already published my favourite tracks of 2010, otherwise this would be in it, I guess it will have to wait for 2011.

There are a batch of demos up on the bands MySpace and they all show an insane amount of potential. From the 'Blade Runner' esque instrumental "Crime Scene", similar film-noir soundscapes run through the other demos highlighted best on "Night Hawks" and  "Phone Call". Dual vocals, keys, guitars and percussion make for some wonderful dark synth-indie music.  I've been enjoying all the tracks so much that I'm really failing to find the adequate words to describe, so I'll keep this short and sweet and just say that Dreamers of the Ghetto looked primed to explode. Be there to see what happens, give them a listen...

Check out "Tether" below, followed by a couple of videos (although I'll offer a warning about strobe / flashing light usage before clicking on the "Tether" video):

Dreamers of the Ghetto - Tether by morrisday

Tether vid:


The all to 'Bros' video for "Phone Call"

No comments:

Post a Comment