Saturday 4 December 2010

My Favourite 25 Albums of 2010 - Digest

If and somewhat understandably you cannot be bothered to read / listen your way through all of my waffling posts but are interested in my best of posts, here is the complete list of my favourite albums of 2010.

25. Scary Mansion – Made Me Cry
24. Sharon Van Etten - Epic
23. Zazie Von Einem Anderen Stern – regen:tropfen
22. LCD Soundsystem – This Is Happening
21. The Mynabirds – What We Lose in the Fire
20. Laura Marling - I Speak Because I Can
19. Anika - Anika
18. I Like Trains - He Who Saw The Deep
17. Warpaint - The Fool
16. Mountain Man - Made the Harbor
15. Blood Red Shoes - Fire Like This
14. Perfume Genius - Learning
13. Gil Scott Heron - I'm New Here
12. These New Puritans - Hidden
11. Joanna Newsom - Have One on Me
10. Beach House - Teen Dream
9. Anais Mitchell - Hadestown
8. Hurts - Hapiness
7. Holly Miranda - The Magician's Private Library
6. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
5. Zola Jesus - Stridulum II
4. The National - High Violet
3. The Strange Death of Liberal England - Drown Your Heart Again
2. Sleigh Bells - Treats
1. Caitlin Rose - Own Side Now

In Depth:
Direct Links to Albums: 25 - 21 // 20 - 16 // 15 - 11 // 10 - 6 // 5 - 1

I've a few things to post before starting on my tips for 2011 mid next week. My tips for 2011 will again be personal to my tastes, and will not include hyped shite such as The Vaccines and Mona, just so you know!

3 comments:

  1. I'm working on my list for 2010, many overlapping with yours, but you also make me realize I may have missed some gems -- looking for those that fell in the gaps now...thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Follow-up. My list is now out: http://milesoftrane.blogspot.com/2010/12/album-of-year-top-ten-best-of-rest.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers for the reminder! Will look into the few I've not heard of in the top ten when I get chance. Bookmarked for now!

    ReplyDelete