Sunday 27 March 2011

Alpines - New Music "Introducing"

http://alpin.es/

I don't do a single of the week feature but If I were to I'd have a hard time this week (March 28th) because there are quite a few wonderful releases coming out.
Starting off with South London duo Alpines who remind me of one of my new band favourites Paper Crows (see next post!) with their beautiful glacial synth-pop comprising of powerful female vocals, almost Nordic in nature and brooding, ambient electronic beats.

The songs are enormous, even sitting here on my computer speakers, I can just imagine how fantastic these would sound out of a good pa. "Ice & Arrows" sounds fresh and is frankly immense, natural Portishead comparisons come to light. They’ve self classified their sound as 'Night-Pop' which is quite an apt turn for their music, and quite a lot of my taste too, I might use that again!

Alpines play The Great Escape in May. You can buy the debut EP 'Night Drive' right now via iTunes or on swanky 10" vinyl.

Listen / watch below:



Ice & Arrows by Alpines

Drive by Alpines

No comments:

Post a Comment