Wednesday 16 March 2011

The National - New Song Think You Can Wait


http://www.americanmary.com

I've been listening to The National a lot the past 24 hours and then spookily a new track turns up, "Think You Can Wait", the bands contribution to the "Win Win" soundtrack, not heard of the film myself but the song is all kinds of goosebumps.

A slow-burning ballad with some achingly beautiful orchestration and an intoxicating backing vocal from Sharon Van Etten. You may guess I'm a bit of a sucker for female vocals but Matt Berninger's is arguable one of the most striking and impressive of his generation, especially with such heart-wrenching emotional songs as this. Listen:

The National - Think You Can Wait

I'm having continual nightmares thinking there is the potential for a The National / Pulp clash at Primavera (hope not!) and there aren't any London shows announced at present although the band have a gig in Edinburgh in August, around Reading time (please Glastonbury!), so perhaps a London show will turn up about then - I hope so!

I think I might have a couple of records I've not posted, if I do I'll do so, check back on previous posts for some quality ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment