Thursday 24 March 2011

Tashaki Miyaki - New Music "Introducing"

http://tashakimiyaki.bandcamp.com/

Tashaki Miyaki is an artist I'd not heard of until Monday, though judging by the blog posts I've read before posting this it did the rounds about three or four weeks ago, so another behind the times post from me... They (I'm not sure if it's a they) apparently (I've no idea) hail from California (no conclusive evidence other than this blog post) and fit into the lo-fi // dream-pop // nostalgia-pop // surf-pop (whatever you want to call it) vibe that's pretty popular at the moment (as I'm on a roll with the brackets - understatement!).

So far there are only two tracks to judge on but both are pretty impressive. Firstly "Somethin is Better than Nothin" with it's slow paced, fuzzed up jangly 60's girl group feelings - you know the drill  by now - it's a real belter of a tune with it's gorgeous "Whoa, yeah, its gonna be alright" repetitive cries until its ending, sure to brighten your moo. The other, a beautiful cover of "All I Have To Do Is Dream", the Everly Brothers classic which would be a perfect track to hear coming out of beach-side bar on a hazy, dreamy sunny day with a nice cold beer or pina colada if you'd rather. Download for free from bandcamp / listen below:

Tashaki Miyaki - Somethin Is better Than Nothin

Tashaki Miyaki - All I Have to Do Is Dream

1 comment: