Sunday 6 March 2011

My Brightest Diamond - The Sea


http://www.mybrightestdiamond.com/

My Brightest Diamond (Shara Worden) has returned to my attention with a new video, an artistic video for a new track entitled 'The Sea' I've tried embedding it below but not sure it's worked, so head here if not. It's a subtle, eerie wonder, using the natural soundscapes of the ocean and water and combining them effortlessly with rich instrumentation.

Sadly I don't think it's an introduction to a third album, more over a track that Shara has contributed to a forthcoming poetry album.



What first introduced me to My Brightest Diamond was a Prince cover, to take on the little man (for me at least, and especially the song which Shara picked - Joy In Repetition) you've got to get it absolutely spot on otherwise it's going to be horrendous, thankfully it is not that, it's absolutely superb, Shara's ethereal voice that sends tingles down your spine.

My Brightest Diamond - Joy in Repetition (Live Prince Cover)

My Brightest Diamond - Dragonfly

No comments:

Post a Comment