Wednesday 24 November 2010

Enjoy Your Pumas - New Music "Introducing"

http://www.myspace.com/enjoyyourpumas

Nice shades in the picture hey! According to their PR, Enjoy Your Pumas sound is "akin to Emily Haines fronting Bloc Party covering Radiohead" now I have no idea what the hell that would sound like but I'm happy to say that I'm enjoying the sound of Enjoy Your Pumas

Energetic, punchy guitar lines and atmospheric indie-pop always goes down a treat with me and as you may have suspected by now I'm always fond of a female lead vocalist so EYP are win-win.

Helped by the powerful, wide-ranging voice of Rosie Blais I think the overall sound is quite similar to that of Let's Buy Happiness. With LBH being a band I'm totally in love after hearing their 7/8 tracks so far, it's a great sign for EYP's and their longevity on this site! It's slightly more up-tempo as exhibited in the glorious "Weight of the Circles" which you can hear below.

They released an EP a while back in their native Canada and have a debut LP planned for release on February 1st 2011. Not sure on the UK, have yet to find any releases over here.

Hopefully the rest of their album is as promising as this lead track which you can listen / download below:
Enjoy Your Pumas - Weight Of The Circles by morrisday

No comments:

Post a Comment