Monday 22 November 2010

The Mynabirds #5 - Christmas Single

http://themynabirds.com/

Ho ho ho! Posting this on November 22nd feels a bit wrong, but when somethings limited you can't hang around...

I'll be honest and say I'm a miserable scrooge when it comes to Christmas. I fail to see the point in spending £10/£15 on someone when on the whole you are buying them something they don't really want and in return they will do the same for you.
It also seems to start earlier each year, before Halloween is just wrong. I do all my shopping the week leading up to and write cards for those who give me one just like a true Ebenezer.

However, what can get me in the celebratory mood (other than a nice curry on xmas eve) is some of my favourite artists releasing new material that means I don't mind the odd listen to "Saviour's Day". Following on from the couple of wonderful Christmas songs on Caitlin's new EP we have The Mynabirds releasing a couple of new tracks.

Laura's original anti-xmas song "All I Want Is Truth (For Christmas) starts off all Christmassy with sleigh bells et al before delivering a more serious lyrical warning about consumerism, politics, war and global warming. The end warms up nicely though - we can't have you all miserable tucking into the turkey now can we!

You can order it from Saddle Creek direct limited to 200 copies on exclusive white vinyl (more on black). Go here now.

It's a pretty good deal too, including shipping to the UK my copy cost $8.00. You can download the A-side for less than the price of a mint humbug below (an email address to be precise), the B-Side is a cover of The Zombies "This Will Be Our Year". It's a nice, sweet version too. Laura's exceptional voice will have all smiles, even more so whilst wearing your xmas day Grandma knitted jumper and putting away the fifth sherry on December 25th I am sure!



Stream below to help you decide that you want this:
The Mynabirds - All I Want is Truth (for Christmas) by morrisday

No comments:

Post a Comment