Monday 29 November 2010

The Joy Formidable #8 - The Big Roar - Debut Album News!

If I was a teenage girl, the below news would reduce me to OMG!!!
As I'm not, it's fucking brilliant news, and one day I am extremely excited for...

Head over to http://joyformidable.warnerartists.com/store.htm and you can pre-order the debut full length by The Joy Formidable.

Not content with a standard 12 track CD, you can also order a rather wonderful box-set containing a bonus CD, two DVD's, a signed certificate, a badge and as a bonus for the first 300 orders, a piece of Ritzy's guitar broken at Reading / Leeds festival weekend this year.
So if that interests you, then you best hurry up and order it now! £24.99 seems a good price for all of that in my opinion although shipping is a little steep. Look:

Tracklisting for the CD's are as follows:

The Big Roar:
1 The Everchanging Spectrum Of A Lie
2 The Magnifying Glass
3 I Don't Want To See You Like This
4 Austere
5 A Heavy Abacus
6 Whirring
7 Buoy
8 Maruyama
9 Cradle
10 Llaw = Wall
11 Chapter 2
12 The Greatest Light Is The Greatest Shade

It's Just a World Apart:
1 Greyhounds In The Slips
2 My Beerdrunk Soul Is Sadder Than A Hundred Christmas Trees
3 Popinjay
4 Chwyrlio
5 The Butterfly's Last Spell
6 Wide Eyed

Then the DVD's contain a live show from the Mercury Lounge in May 2010, a documentary and all the promo videos to date. Wonderful.

I don't think there is a cat in hell's chance of any album knocking this off the best of 2011 lists and I've not even heard it yet!

Here's a video for the annoucement, make sure you keep watching for some snippets at the end! Yes, yes, yes.


and here's an acoustic version of last single "I Don't Want To See You Like This":
The Joy Formidable - I Don't Want To See You Like This (acoustic) by morrisday

No comments:

Post a Comment