Sunday 28 November 2010

Gazelle Twin - New Music "Introducing"

http://www.myspace.com/gazelletwin/
http://www.gazelletwin.com/

Gazelle Twin is Elizabeth Walling from Brighton, her dark, gothic music reminds me a little of another Brighton artist 'Bat For Lashes', although definitely more leftfield and more subdued, with obvious Fever Ray comparisons for her visual artistry side.
Debut single "Changeling" came out download only on 8th November (buy it from iTunes). Sublime, eerie electronica with a gorgeous ghostly vocal which add up to a hauntingly beautiful track and one of the best singles I've heard in recent times.

I'm pretty excited by the b-side. If you've heard me go on about Prince then you'll know I'm a massive fan (understatement), so it was great to see a cover of a more obscure Prince track "I Wonder U" from the majestic and ignored 'Parade'. A fractured, distorted vocal and twisted synths manage to make the two minutes freakily disturbing and even more unique than its source.

Gazelle Twin - I Wonder U (Prince Cover) by morrisday

Theres a handful of demos to listen to on her myspace link too which continue in a similar vein, with brooding synths and ethereal vocals. Go and see for yourself. An album is due in 2011, sounds exciting to me.
Here's the wonderful (self-directed video) to the single "Changelings":

Changelings Official Video by Gazelle Twin from Gazelle Twin on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment