Wednesday 17 November 2010

Secret Mountains - New Music "Introducing"

http://www.myspace.com/secretmountains
http://secretmountains.bigcartel.com/

I have Tympanogram to thank for this one - so yeah, thanks!

Baltimore band Secret Mountains are just about to released their new 'Rejoice EP'. You can order the limited to 100 tape from Friends Records now. I've done just that. Watch the video below.

Their debut 'Kaddish EP' came out last year and missed my radar completely, you can order it from the band on the link above or download on a pay-what-you-like basis here.

Singer Kelly has a wonderfully lush, ethereal vocal that reminds me of Sarah from Let's Buy Happiness and the shimmering guitar and gorgeous melodic work really has stopped me in my tracks and demanded that I give Secret Mountains catalouge my full attention, which I shall be doing in full over the next day or two.

What's even better is that you can download an entire eight song live session via mobtown studios. "Gate/Gate/Paragate" an early favourite, it's beautiful and breathtaking in such a stripped down state.

Here is the EP version of the same song:
Secret Mountains - Gate Gate Paragate by morrisday

The video for "Rejoice":

Secret Mountains - Rejoice from john andrews on Vimeo.
and a Smokey Robinson cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment