Tuesday 30 November 2010

Just Music That I Like's Alternative Top 25 songs of 2010

It's December tomorrow and I'll start posting my top 25 albums of 2010 and the 15 artists that I'm most looking toward to in 2011 just like every other blog under the sun.
I've not fully decided on the formats yet, whether all in one go or release them in batches of five?

Before, I thought I'd post 25 of my favourite songs of the year by artists that didn't quite make my end of year lists, so these are 25 top songs that maybe were the highlight of an album or were a fantastic single in 2010 (I've not done a best singles of 2010). I'd bet my life on the fact I've missed something as well!
There were a lot, lot more than 25 excellent albums this year, so some very good albums didn't make my list when I did it.

No more waffle, they speak for themselves and I've written more than I wrote for my uni dissertation for the best albums to follow!:

25 of the Best Tracks of 2010:
Just Music That I Like - The alternative 25 best tracks of 2010 by morrisday

Edit full Zip file of tracks for download. Mediafire / Rapidshare.

Feel free to share this mix about, put please link back to this thread.

Here's the list in no real order:

Former Ghosts – New Orleans
Crystal Castles ft Robert Smith – Not in Love
Leelou - Pig in the Summer
Fever Ray - Mercy Street
The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - Say No To Love
Fyfe Dangerfield - She Needs Me
The Chapman Family - All Fall
Lightspeed Champion - Dead Head Blues
Blouse - Into Black
The Horn The Hunt - Raptor
Glasser – Home
Foals – Spanish Sahara
John & Jehn - Time for the Devil
Void Vision - In 20 Years
No Joy – No Joy
The Mynabirds – Numbers Don't Lie
Parenthetical Girls - Young Throats
Cults - Go Outside
Call the Doctor - Little Bones
Tennis - Marathon
She & Him - In The Sun
Laura Marling - Devil's Spoke
Artur Dyjecinski – and he showed me the way of the buffalo
Yu(c)k - Daughter
Gold Zebra - The End of This

No comments:

Post a Comment