Wednesday 26 January 2011

Clytem Scanning - New Music "Introducing"

http://clytemscanning.com/

I stumbled across a video last week by Clytem Scanning and was instantly hooked. A one women project hailing from Paris who has been recording for a few years now, Clytem Scanning produce a brooding electronic sound that's made for a post 'Judgement Day Terminator'; a dark terrifying world where machines rule.

The song that I heard first "Massue" and it is absolutely massive. Akin to 'The Knife' with a 'Bjork'-esque vocal, it's a got an atmospheric pulsating beat with piercing vocals. If you check back on my posts you'll see that I'm a bit of a sucker for "dark, gothic electro" but Clytem Scanning have managed to get me all excited after just a week of listening to a handful of tracks. The creative process and visual elements seem great too, you can explore that in some wonderful videos on YouTube. Her website talks about a busy 2011, I'm excited to see what is in the pipeline.

You can download an EP for free and purchase a physical CD of the latest Clytem Scanning release right here.

Listen:
Clytem Scanning - Massue by clytemscanning

Clytem Scanning - Lions and Montgolfiers by Bedroom Research

Here is the video for the songs I mentioned above, I really like the home made video too:


The following video is a snippet of a live concert and it sounds intense. I want to see / hear this complete concert!! If anyone knows where I can see more of it, please let me know.
On top of the Terminator / Knife references, some bits remind of Bowie era Earthing, which is great because I think it's an underrated masterpiece. The beat and performance comes across as demented and wonderful. London needs a show!


CLYTEM SCANNING LIVE oct 2010 from Miss Lois Iron on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment