Monday 17 January 2011

Wye Oak - Civilian

www.wyeoakmusic.com/  

Approximately six weeks after every other blog mentioned Wye Oak's new song "Civilian" I'm doing it - it's the first song and title track from the duo's forthcoming third album due this March.

What starts as gentle folk rock changes at around the half-way point when we are treated to a blistering melee attack of Jenn Wasner’s fuzzy, shoegaze guitar and Andy Stack’s percussion and organ. Wasner's sultry, bluesy voice is a perfect match for the sombre yet multi layered rhythmatic tones - it's one of the best tracks I've heard this year to date. See for yourself:

Wye Oak - Civilian by cityslang

The couple's first two albums (and last years EP) missed my radar but the Baltimore duo have changed that instantly here and I've now got those previous albums on order as I type - I don't think I'm going to be dissapointed:


Wye Oak - That I Do - Luxury Wafers Sessions from Luxury Wafers on Vimeo.

Wye Oak - I Hope You Die by Bmore Musically Informed

No comments:

Post a Comment