Friday 21 January 2011

The Joy Formidable #11 - Radio Sessions + The Big Roar

http://www.thejoyformidable.com/

The last post until next week Monday as I'm off galavanting this weekend and I'm using the advantage of writing my own blog to post about my favourite band again... Why not when they are this good...

The Joy Formidable have stepped up the PR campaign in anticipation of 'The Big Roar' which finally hits the shops next week!

You can watch the band perform "Austere" for Zane Lowe here. I'll be honest and say I don't like his show too much, he seems over positive about everything and does like the sound of his own voice but it is great publicity.

They also performed an acoustic session and chat for Huey Morgan on 6 Music which you can listen again to the show in it's entirety here. Below is a sublime acoustic version of the song that got me hooked on TJF some two years ago; "The Greatest Light is The Greatest Shade":

The Joy Formidable - The Greatest Light is the Greatest Shade (acoustic BBC 6 Music session) by morrisday

If you want to listen to a new track off the album, "Chapter Two" you can by going here and skipping until about 1.43.00. Myself, I'm going to wait until I've got the full CD in my hands.

Edit: Here are the radio session to download: Mp2 Radio One LINK and BBC Six Music LINK

It's getting universal praise from the reviews, buy 'The Big Roar' now: http://joyformidable.warnerartists.com/store.htm and tickets for next months tour: http://www.musicglue.com/thejoyformidable

No comments:

Post a Comment