Thursday 13 January 2011

Ghost Society - New Music "Introducing"

http://www.myspace.com/ghostsocietyofficialsite

These first two weeks in January I seem to be revisiting artists that released material in 2010 that I missed completely or by on large did. I've already given Effi Briest, Modern Superstitions and SoftSpot a positive write-up and now I'm doing the same with Ghost Society.
Although, I'm not sure if their album has even seen a proper release yet, aside from in Japan, I certainly couldn't see it listen in my usual places to look (Rough Trade / Norman / Amazon) yet the tracks I've heard certainly have perked up my interest for more.
Ghost Society are from Denmark, based in Brooklyn and produce a shimmering, textured sound that fits between dream-pop and shoegaze, with beautiful melodies and swirling guitars they'll soon be massive too.

The songs are written and vocals are shared between Tobias Wilner and Sara Savery. Though, there are no prizes for guessing my favourite moments are when the gorgeous, angelic voice of Sara's takes the lead like on the folk tinged "The Fool".
"Better Days" highlights the above perfectly, see for yourself:



This is a bit good, I'm guessing the live show is something else!

see also;

No comments:

Post a Comment