Tuesday 11 January 2011

Holly Miranda #5 - Two New Covers

www.hollymiranda.com/

I'm shocked that this is only my fifth Holly Miranda post, I feel like I go on about her a lot. As well as her own beautifully stunning album 'The Magician's Private Library' Holly is quite fond of doing covers. An EP 'Come To See' has five on it from a wide range of genres covering Lauryn Hill ("Ex-Factor") through to Jeff Buckley ("Lover You Should've Over), if you've not heard them you need to correct that.

We've now a couple more, one which Holly shared for New Year a cover of the Sparklehorse track "Hundreds of Sparrows" which she'd performed live a number of times before and the other, "You and I Undercover" a song I'm not familiar with by Steel Train. Listen to them below:

Holly Miranda - You and I undercover (Steel Train Cover) by holly miranda
Holly Miranda - Hundreds Of Sparrows (Sparklehorse Cover) by holly miranda

You can download "Hundreds of Sparrows" with a quick trip to http://www.themagiciansprivatelibrary.com/

Delicate, beautiful, what an extraordinary talent. I could go on... If you are in Australia, Holly is playing four shows over the next week. I'm hoping a return to the UK shores is pending (soon please).


http://vimeo.com/17071764 from holly miranda on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment