Sunday 2 January 2011

Sweeping the Nation complies the best of 2010 lists

Before we crack on with 2011, one last post about the albums of 2010. Sweeping the Nation complied a list of bloggers to made a definitive list of the best of 2010 albums. The full list can be found here.

Here are the top ten:

10 LOS CAMPESINOS! - Romance Is Boring
9 KANYE WEST - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
8 SLEIGH BELLS - Treats
7 FOALS - Total Life Forever
6 LCD SOUNDSYSTEM - This Is Happening
5 BEACH HOUSE - Teen Dream
4 CARIBOU - Swim
3 LAURA MARLING - I Speak Because I Can
2 ARCADE FIRE - The Suburbs
1 THE NATIONAL - High Violet

How did my top ten do overall? Well fear no more I have the answer below:
 
10. Beach House - Teen Dream (Number 5)
9. Anais Mitchell - Hadestown (Number 26)
8. Hurts - Hapiness (Number 28)
7. Holly Miranda - The Magician's Private Library (did not poll - why I ask!)
6. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs (Number 2)
5. Zola Jesus - Stridulum II (Number 39)
4. The National - High Violet (Number 1)
3. The Strange Death of Liberal England - Drown Your Heart Again (Number 70)
2. Sleigh Bells - Treats (Number 8)
1. Caitlin Rose - Own Side Now (Number 12)

What does it show? Nothing really apart from the sheer volume of brilliant music that was release in 2010.
Would I change anything? Yes. I put an album I put at number 14 higher - Perfume Genius, Learning hasn't been off my stereo the past month. For what? No idea, thankfully I don't have to think about it.

Will 2011 be better than 2010? Who can say but with The Joy Formidable, British Sea Power, The Boxer Rebellion, The Duke Spirit and more all with early 2011 releases it certainly is an exciting start to the year.

Lookout, Lookout by TurnstileMusic
The National - Terrible Love (Live in Brooklyn) by morrisday

No comments:

Post a Comment