Thursday 5 August 2010

Holly Miranda #2 - Live in New York

www.hollymiranda.com/
www.myspace.com/hollymiranda

Holly Miranda is a joy and you should go purchase her music - thanks to the magic of the Internet you can listen to it in full below and buy it here with a Rough Trade bonus CD (which is equally brilliant too) or from amazon. Holly is Brooklyn-based like it seems the rest of the world is!

The name of her album is The Magician’s Private Library and it came out about Feb time, so I am a bit slow to the party with this post, but better late than not at all... I was meant to see her a few weeks back, but something came up, next time she is in the UK I will try my hardest, there are definite TV on the Radio sounds throughout which is clear with the involvement of Dave Sitek as producer.


You can get a complete set download from NYCTaper. She plays for an hour and the track list goes like this: A gorgeous voice and a wonderous sound:

01 No One Just Is
02 Waves
03 Mark My Words [new song]
04 No One Can See Me Like You Do (Yoko Ono)
05 High Tide
06 Forest Green, Oh Forest Green
07 Everytime I Go To Sleep
08 Joints
09 I’d Rather Go Blind (Etta James)
10 Slow Burn Treason
11 Sleep on Fire
12 [banter]
13 Pelican Rapids
14 [encore break]
15 Singular Acceptance
16 Secret Identity
17 Hymnal

No comments:

Post a Comment