Tuesday 31 August 2010

Stricken City #3 - New song, new version of Lost Art and Live Dates

http://www.myspace.com/strickencity
http://strickencity.com/

I put SC in my "12 best new bands" feature a few weeks back, I'm glad I did because an amazing new song "Losing Colour" turned up on the Stricken City myspace today.

It's basically reduces you to a "fuck me, wow" kind of response. The song is fantastic. Full of Rebekah's syrupy vocals and screeching guitar riffs.
Maybe it's the best thing they've ever done.

A change in direction from the "Songs About People I Know" material, gone are the three minute indie-pop songs (as good as they were on songs like Five Meters Apart and PS), now have a much more mature sound, a much grander one. Here is a stream to listen to:
Stricken City - Losing Colour by morrisday

Not content with just that, we have a new version of second single "Lost Art", it comes in a whole minute longer than the original version and has grown gargantuan in proportion. The new intro is killer.
I want the new album now. These two songs have got me very excited.

If you aren't going to Mountain Man on Thursday, SC are playing a FREE show! Old Queen's Head in Islington.
Then another show on the 29th September (with Let's Buy Happiness!), so whilst managing to successfully pick dates I cannot get to, it's good to see them back on the live circuit and I cannot wait to get to a show soon.

You can get their last EP "Animal Kingdom" from the official Stricken City site. It's on a pay what you want like basis  - go forth, listen and make sure you pay a good sum for it. The band deserve it.

They also have two 7" singles and a mini-album - both  are fantastic, my favourite song of the first two 7" releases is "Bardou" a B-Side (it comes alive even more live). Then their debut mini album "Songs About People I Know" an 8 track CD released last November and limited to 1000 copies (buy it here) in all it's glorious splendour - it is housed in an absolutely gorgeous package and also includes a DVD - truly a bargain.
As I'm on a roll, US folks don't feel left out, you have a wonderful vinyl editon here - I have it and it's lovely.


Stricken City - Animal Festival from Stricken City on Vimeo.

Lost Art from Stricken City on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment